Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lights out.

Remember when I started blogging and I said I just wanted to help someone if she ever went through what I was going through? Well, my new ACC/breast cancer sister Stephanie has also started a blog about her journey at www.smacneil.blogspot.com I am so glad I have been of some help. She too had a painful area in her breast, and if you read her blog, we have so much in common. Except she is a skinny blonde and I am a fatty fatty two by four with a brillo pad for hair but WHO IS JEALOUS????????????????? : )

My day was the most insane, outrageous day. I will share this with you because then you won't feel so bad about your own day when you hear how stupid this day was.

It's sort of a long story, but I promise you will finish and say "Ok. That family is nuts. Thank god mine(yours) is sane"

On Sunday, I always pay bills. I am going through bills this past Sunday and I find our utility bill that is waaaaay over due. First I have seen of it, so I get a little snotty and tell Jim to PLEASE not get the mail as it gets lost in my paper piles, as I am now late on this bill. He says no problem and I pay this waaaaay overdue bill electronically. Fearful that my payment may not reach the city utility gods in time, I called and left a message that I had paid the complete bill and they should be receiving it electronically at any time. Enough said. I forget about it.

Today at work I am meeting with my boss and Andrew calls to ask if it is ok to take a shower if we have no power. I said yes, sure, wonder what happened? (We often lose power in short bursts, particularly in the summer for some reason, but it usually takes a few hours to come back on.) I go on with my meeting and the day ends.

Today was also order Andrew's senior picture day. My pal (and school counselor) Jenny went with me...I called Josh to see if he wanted to go but got no answer, nor did I get the answering machine. I even said to Jenny, well that is odd...I had completely forgotten about the power.

So we get to the studio and I get all weepy seeing Andrew's pictures on this 55 inch screen. I am loving all of them...Jenny and I agree on almost every single picture and we work to eliminate a few. Then my phone rings. I thought about ignoring it, but get nervous when it might be my kids...it is Jim.

"Um...what the heck is going on with the power????" he yells at me.

"Wow, do we still not have it?" I ask, thinking it is strange he would call me about that.

"WELL DID YOU CALL ABOUT IT?" he yells

"Um, no, I never call. It will come back on." I say calmly, wondering why the heck he is so upset and interrupting my wonderful moments with my smiling senior.

Then the light bulb goes off in my head....I basically gasped into the phone and said

"They didn't turn it off did they???"

"&^*%&, ^&*%&#( $%^&#" Jim says.

"But I paid it!!!! I even left a message!" I say. By this time, the photog lady is looking at me, I am sure seeing her sales go down the drain....Jenny is just looking at me like you nutso lady.

*^&%^ &*%*&#@#@" Jim says.

At this point, i am so embarrassed so I tell to Jim to handle it and I get off that phone fast. Looking like a beet, I explain to Jenny and the photog lady my issue and try to laugh about it. Inside I am cringing.

MY FREAKING POWER WAS TURNED OFF BECAUSE I DIDN'T PAY THE BILL! I have a flipping master's degree and I can't manage my bills.

Anyway, needless to say, after I finished my wish list of pictures and it was $1600 I gasped again and said, 'uh, no'. I wanted to cry at this point. How can I leave these gorgeous photos of my gorgeous son in some computer file??? After all was said and done, we got it down to $600, and will be getting about 8 pictures, plus the wallets. It really was outrageous, but oh, he was sooooo cute.

After I paid the photography bill, I had to call Jim to see what I was going to walk into when I got home:

"*$%^ )(#$ !@#@ I went and paid it. They got no message, $%^#@ cost us $100 to turn it back on &%^#&" he says.

So yeh, Miss Professional Pants here got her power turned off. How sad is that? Jim has since apologized for his crazy behavior (if you know Jim NOTHING upsets him, well nothing except having to go pay the electric bill 'cause your wife didn't) and power is restored and all is good.

What a dumb day. Now you know your day was just fine, wasn't it?

Molly

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Molly Elizabeth,

Might I recommend Automatic Bill pay. Every single bill I have is auto-pay. Now I never have to be late for a single thing! But, if something ever happens to me, Johnny is hosed because there is no way in H-E-double-toothpicks that he could figure out how to change/stop/cancel the autopay on everything!

Jim Craig said...

Molly-
I have known Jim Brawley for almost twenty years, since we first coached freshman football together. I don't recall ever hearing him swear. What the #^@%$$*^& does %(#$&*#^!@) mean?
Your story however, is hilarious. I challenge anyone to say they haven't done something equally as dumb. Let me tell you about our senior picture experience, to date. We paid THREE HUNDRED SEVENTY FIVE freaking dollars just for sitting fees, to some lady in Coloma. Then, Lindsay and her mother decide THEY DON'T LIKE ANY OF THE PICTURES, and are now starting over again with Harrington. How's that for dumb?
Jim

Ang said...

Don't feel bad, I once accidentally paid our mortage three times in one month ~ check, autopay and online pay with my bank. I do believe I heard %$#@^%& come out of my husband mouth as well. Thanks for the laugh!
Angie Hartsell-Plude

Stephanie said...

You are my Angel Molly. Hope all is going well. Please know I am praying for you, and your mom as well. I also turned my great friend Joy on to this blogging stuff. Hopefully she will not become addicted like me. I did sign up to that ad stuff. Maybe we will become rich???? Take care.We are going away for the night. No kids, just Keith and I. And auto bill pay is great. I also pay all my bills online. I always know it will make it on time.