Sunday, March 2, 2008

March madness

It's been an entire week that I have not blogged.

As you all know, I am a member of the Yahoo Breast Cancer Support Group--which basically means I get emails everyday from women all over the world who have/had breast cancer...we ask zillions of questions, tell our tales, answer questions for newbies, etc., and generally feel like sisters in this crazy world of a cancer diagnosis. Last week, we all received word from Loraine's son that she had passed away. That email sent most of us reeling because less than a month ago she was this vibrant, helpful, wise soul giving all of us hope, advice, and support. I didn't even know she was Stage 4...anyway, it brought home the reality of this. It WILL kill many women.

But I remain hopeful, I really do.

March is my milestone month. On March 24 I have a round of tests--mammo and chest xray--and then I see Dr. Ansari March 31. Believe it or not, I am not good at waiting for things (Major understatement) and this month will be awful as we move closer. I don't worry about the mammo as much as I do the chest xray. I do see Dr. M, my plastic surgeon, again on March 11 to discuss Mr. Pizza Pocket. I just hope if all my scans are clear that I can try to not worry so much for the next 6 months.

Last night we went to see our high school musical Brigadoon, which was nicely done. Best part of the evening was dinner out with Josh. This is the first year Andrew did not go with us since he was five years old. He went to the matinee today with his girlfriend.

The melting snow and somewhat sunny skies were such a nice perk today. However, our basement is leaking from all the melting. I don't realize how much I want to spring and warmth to be here until days like today. Jim has already watched 3 Cubs games on t.v.--too bad they are losing as usual.

I really need to call my mom to see how she is doing. She had her third chemo this week and I haven't checked in yet. My sister is now home from Hawaii so that will make both my parents happy.

March is also going to be a very busy month for me, as we (Niles High) are adopting a new computer software program for all of our student information systems, which includes scheduling, of which I am in charge. I am excited about the process but get anxious about not being able to get the rest of my job done...like teacher evaluations that are also due this month. I plan to get into classrooms this week...and then next week is the ACT and Michigan Merit Exam. ARGGHHHHHHHHHHH. Luckily, I am not in charge of that! : )

TTFN...it is only 6:30 but I am ready for my jammies. Only one more load of wash to do and cleaning the kitchen.

Molly

No comments: