Monday, July 21, 2008

1 year cancerversary, graduation parties

Feeling ok today, still somewhat run down. Just a few bee sting pains here and there. I was able to do a lot of housework and am almost done with all my laundry.

I forgot to mention on Saturday that July 19 was my one year diagnosis anniversary. Not that it is something to celebrate as most anniversaries are, but it went by, pretty uneventful. I am not sure how I feel about TIME and years going by. With this cancer, there is no 5 year "cure" --no chance of going back into the population of "your chances of getting cancer are no worse than the general population" which is what many cancers are considered after 5 years. so in my troubled mind, the further I get away from my diagnosis, I worry that it will come back. What a crappy way to think and what a crappy way to have to worry. So I guess I will try not to think about that. My victories will come with clean scans, I would guess. Not just passage of time.

Reading a good book right now by John Lescreorat (something like that) Very similar to Grisham and Turow. Intriguing to say the least. I had never heard of him until I found a paperback Ginger's books in the UP. John and Ginger are back down with us trolls, by the way. they stay up north until bear season which starts in September I think--after their hunters leave they are usually home for the last few football games.

Ginger has made me schedule Andrew's high school graduation party date. We will be having it the weekend of Memorial Day, 2009--that Sunday. I think it is the May 25, 2009, whatever that Sunday is...we have to have it when they are going to be home. So mark your calendars 'cause when Ginger plans, she PLANS!!!! : )

Hang in there Debbie! Before you know it it will be time to put the implant in and you will have squishy boob! Time has flown for me...it seems like I have been dealing with this longer than a year...but we have to take each day at a time.

Having burgers on the grill tonight Appetite is still not what I am used to, but maybe that is a good thing. HA!

M

No comments: