Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I can be an idiot.

How can you all stand me?

This morning, I took Dan and Andrew to their game at Hope College--had to leave at 7:30. Got home around 1:00 (we won) to see that there was again NOTHING in the mail about my test results. So I check caller ID and sure enough, Dr. T had called. I didn't right away panic as Andrew has his physical tomorrow so I hoped they just left a message reminding...well, no, no message. Heart starts beating, hands shaking. Strangely, I also saw that they had called at 9:16 a.m. and a year ago Thursday, Dr. H called at 9:46 to tell me I had cancer.

Body shaking, I called and got put on hold for hours (ok, two minutes). The receptionist came back on and when I told her I hadn't gotten my results back she said "oh, it takes at least a week." And then she said, "While I have you on the phone, I called this morning about Andrew's appointment so he he still on? (yes) "And let me see if by chance we do have your results just in case."

On hold.

Yup, the letter went out and everything is normal.

Why do I do this to myself???? I PROMISED myself that I wouldn't worry so much. I wasn't worried all morning until I saw that the office had called.

Anywhooo, so that is all good. Andrew's team won, 8-0, and we play again at 5:30 tonight. Andrew is electing to go to football instead and I don't blame him as his coach only plays him if the Lakeshore kids are missing (which is understandable, as the Lakeshore kids are very good). This team is VERY good but we are just beginning to see some really good teams. Hope College is beautiful by the way. Their baseball stadium is brand new and is a great place to watch a game. In fact, Jim and I will probably go back up for the second game. He is a coach (who isn't needed all that much) but I would love for him to see the field and the campus.

Josh is off to driver's ed. Poor thing just turned 16 but we neglected to get his permit in time last summer when I was diagnosed so he can't get his license until first week of September. He says he is absolutely fine with it and seems so.

Aloha,

Mollykelani

1 comment:

MadCityMike said...

Excellent Molly! As you might remember, I am NOT a worrier, but when reading your worries, I suddenly seem to develop some, too! :) I'm very happy that all is well.